Done & Done
Work on the townhouse is completed.
Last Friday morning, the CFO informed me that she was going to use MY bathroom until I had finished wallpapering hers. So, I hung out a "Keep Out" sign on mine and finished wallpapering hers. I then finished all the trim work on Saturday and touched up the paint on Sunday.
Fini.
I left for the mountains early Monday morning, taking all the tools with me!
Of course, before leaving, I managed to fall down the stairs with my golf clubs. The joist between the first and second floors in the townhouse are box joists, strong but thick. An extra stair step or two thick. The ones I forgot about and missed, landing on the toes of my right foot first, the kneecap of my right leg next and finally the bag of golf clubs for good measure. Crack!
Now, Sam is a compassionate dog when you are injured but she hasn't a clue as to what exactly "you $#^$%%$#^ %%$^%a$6$^& $^$%$%^$6" means. So she just licks your face as you wither on the floor in pain, hoping it's not directed at her.
Nothing was broken or, at least, nothing you can do anything about. The foot is still swollen, looking and feeling like a bologna sausage about to burst its skin. The index toe is every color of the rainbow plus a few other unholy colors. The space between the toes and the inside of the foot down to the arch is black and blue. The big toe is unwilling to help provide balance, leaving me to teeter about like a drunken sailor.
To digress, did you know that there are now only six colors in the rainbow? Yes, indigo has been eliminated, leaving only red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. I've always used the name Roy G. Biv to recall them. Since Roy G. Bv lacks something, I'll continue to use Roy G. Biv, simply remembering that the "i" is now silent.
First Pluto and now indigo. What's next to go? The Miss America Pageant?
Not wishing to expose Fishy Fish to unknown danger in her new summer home, I visited WalMart in Elkin on the way here to buy three goldfish to test the safety of the pond environment. Since I bought Fishy Fish a few months ago, the price of goldfish has risen a whopping 8%, from $0.26 to $0.28. I guess the boys down in Bentonville aren't sourcing their goldfish from China. Not yet anyhow.
The pond is also finished and has been named Stone Lake because of all the rocks used in it's construction. The school of price-inflated fish are swimming about in it. Sam Walton (not to be confused with Samantha Sue, the dog) has black tipped fins and is the cutest of the bunch. 28 Cents is solid gold in color and Plain Jane, the third fish is, well, butt ugly.
Hey, I didn't select these like I did fishy Fishy Fish. I just told the WalMart fish catcher to give me three gold ones and, reluctantly, she did.
If all goes well (meaning Sam Walton, 28 Cents and Plain Jane are still alive and kicking) we'll invite Fishy Fish to visit the mountains sometime next month.
Last Friday morning, the CFO informed me that she was going to use MY bathroom until I had finished wallpapering hers. So, I hung out a "Keep Out" sign on mine and finished wallpapering hers. I then finished all the trim work on Saturday and touched up the paint on Sunday.
Fini.
I left for the mountains early Monday morning, taking all the tools with me!
Of course, before leaving, I managed to fall down the stairs with my golf clubs. The joist between the first and second floors in the townhouse are box joists, strong but thick. An extra stair step or two thick. The ones I forgot about and missed, landing on the toes of my right foot first, the kneecap of my right leg next and finally the bag of golf clubs for good measure. Crack!
Now, Sam is a compassionate dog when you are injured but she hasn't a clue as to what exactly "you $#^$%%$#^ %%$^%a$6$^& $^$%$%^$6" means. So she just licks your face as you wither on the floor in pain, hoping it's not directed at her.
Nothing was broken or, at least, nothing you can do anything about. The foot is still swollen, looking and feeling like a bologna sausage about to burst its skin. The index toe is every color of the rainbow plus a few other unholy colors. The space between the toes and the inside of the foot down to the arch is black and blue. The big toe is unwilling to help provide balance, leaving me to teeter about like a drunken sailor.
To digress, did you know that there are now only six colors in the rainbow? Yes, indigo has been eliminated, leaving only red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. I've always used the name Roy G. Biv to recall them. Since Roy G. Bv lacks something, I'll continue to use Roy G. Biv, simply remembering that the "i" is now silent.
First Pluto and now indigo. What's next to go? The Miss America Pageant?
Not wishing to expose Fishy Fish to unknown danger in her new summer home, I visited WalMart in Elkin on the way here to buy three goldfish to test the safety of the pond environment. Since I bought Fishy Fish a few months ago, the price of goldfish has risen a whopping 8%, from $0.26 to $0.28. I guess the boys down in Bentonville aren't sourcing their goldfish from China. Not yet anyhow.
The pond is also finished and has been named Stone Lake because of all the rocks used in it's construction. The school of price-inflated fish are swimming about in it. Sam Walton (not to be confused with Samantha Sue, the dog) has black tipped fins and is the cutest of the bunch. 28 Cents is solid gold in color and Plain Jane, the third fish is, well, butt ugly.
Hey, I didn't select these like I did fishy Fishy Fish. I just told the WalMart fish catcher to give me three gold ones and, reluctantly, she did.
If all goes well (meaning Sam Walton, 28 Cents and Plain Jane are still alive and kicking) we'll invite Fishy Fish to visit the mountains sometime next month.

Comments
Post a Comment