Italia: Finito

Free at last!
That's what Sam and Murphy said when I picked them up at the kennel this afternoon.

Free at last!
Yes, the trip to Italy is finished.
Great God Almighty!
It's also what I said as I drove up the escarpment of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.

Free at last!
Why ... oh! why ... I asked myself did I pay good money to leave these mountains for Italy?

But I did, and my intention was to write a blog for each day there. Unfortunately I soon learned (a) it takes nearly one and a half US dollar to buy a Euro, (b) night clerks at hotels in Italy are thick as a brick when it comes to computers and, (c) Internet connections (when you can get them at all) apparently are a major source of income for same said hotels.

So it is that I'm now operating under Plan "B", writing the blogs post facto, in reverse order.

First up tomorrow -- the journey home.

Comments

Popular Posts