I'm a Legal Beagle
I went into town yesterday to get my motorcycle learners permit and to get the scooter inspected for safety.
Now, looking at your average biker, I didn't think the written test for a permit would be a difficult thing. I read the book with some detail, paying attention to those things I thought might reappear in the test (blood and alcohol were common themes) and thought I had a pretty good idea of the concepts therein. However, by the time they had been put into questions, they had lost their lucidity. Then again, it's been thirty-plus years since I've done testing of any kind, even multiple choice. Anyhow, I thought my way through the questions logically, looking for things that would make the answers false as a measure of first resort and thereby increasing my changes of selecting the right answer from the remainder. As I handed the answer sheet to the examiner, I told him that I'd probably be back to see him tomorrow. But, alas, I passed with one incorrect answer to spare and now have a motorcycle learner's permit which is good for 18 months. I must still go to Elkin or Jefferson with the scooter for the riding test.
Finding a shop that did safety inspections on motorcycles in Sparta was somewhat more difficult. The only place that everyone agreed did them was closed for the week for vacation. Finally, someone told me to go see Bob at B&T Tire across from G&B Energy and he had them. The only problem was the lack of a place to legally put the sticker on the scooter. It must be somewhere on the left front on glass or metal. There is no such place on the Gator 150. Accordingly, we put it on the left side of the front fender.
So, there. I'm almost all done!
Now, looking at your average biker, I didn't think the written test for a permit would be a difficult thing. I read the book with some detail, paying attention to those things I thought might reappear in the test (blood and alcohol were common themes) and thought I had a pretty good idea of the concepts therein. However, by the time they had been put into questions, they had lost their lucidity. Then again, it's been thirty-plus years since I've done testing of any kind, even multiple choice. Anyhow, I thought my way through the questions logically, looking for things that would make the answers false as a measure of first resort and thereby increasing my changes of selecting the right answer from the remainder. As I handed the answer sheet to the examiner, I told him that I'd probably be back to see him tomorrow. But, alas, I passed with one incorrect answer to spare and now have a motorcycle learner's permit which is good for 18 months. I must still go to Elkin or Jefferson with the scooter for the riding test.
Finding a shop that did safety inspections on motorcycles in Sparta was somewhat more difficult. The only place that everyone agreed did them was closed for the week for vacation. Finally, someone told me to go see Bob at B&T Tire across from G&B Energy and he had them. The only problem was the lack of a place to legally put the sticker on the scooter. It must be somewhere on the left front on glass or metal. There is no such place on the Gator 150. Accordingly, we put it on the left side of the front fender.
So, there. I'm almost all done!

Comments
Post a Comment