Twilight Drive

On the drive back to the mountains this afternoon I encountered what would probably rank as a Top 10 sunset. It began about the time I stopped in Yadkinville for $2.26 a gallon gasoline. It continued as I drove up I-77 through a tunnel of leaves at their peak in autumn colors.


This is, unfortunately, the only photograph I was able to make. It's of a beautiful farm on US-21 between State Road and Thurmond and well after the sunset had begun to wane. The Blue Ridge Mountains are hidden in the background by the lower band of haze.

I was able to enjoy the light for a full 45 minutes because I was driving west and gaining altitude. Indeed, some light remained in the western sky when I arrived home.

My apologies if I bore you with sunsets but I cannot get enough of them!

Comments

Popular Posts